The information pack “When Someone Dies” was created by Clinical Psychologist Franziska Augusta (project coordinator), Speech and Language Therapist Pamela Daniels and Chaplain Shauna Sweeney, as a comprehensive resource on bereavement and loss for the students, families and teachers of Saint Augustine’s School.
The pack contains 4 downloadable documents as well as a downloadable audiobook, which may be helpful when supporting children with intellectual disabilities who are affected by bereavement.
- When Someone Dies – accessible information book for children with intellectual disabilities
- When Someone Dies – downloadable audiobook for children with intellectual disabilities
- How to Support Children with Intellectual Disabilities through Bereavement – guidelines for parents and teachers
- Background Information: Children and Bereavement – contains information on the grieving process and developmental stages of understanding death in children
- Resources for Children and Adults on Bereavement – including books, websites, counselling and support services
The pack can also be ordered as hard copy, free of charge, via the school.
If you wish to order a pack, please contact the school’s reception on
+353 (0) 1 2881771 or email email@example.com
If you would like to make a donation to cover costs associated with this pack or for any other reason, please click here.